DIY Giant Clock Face Reveal Round 2
Last Friday, at the very last second, I realize I had made a very big mistake with my clock face project. I had messed up the roman numeral for the number four…
I had to go back and fix it because once you noticed the mistake, it might as well have been written in blinking neon lights. There was no passing it off- not even if I wanted to start a new roman numeral trend…
So after screaming and yelling about it, after stomping my feet at it, I finally got over my tantrum and fixed it.
I had to sand the black numbers off as best I could, which left some shiny brand new silver metal peeking through. I had to go back and repeat several steps of the fake rust process to cover it up and the fake weathered paint process to get a look that blended in with the rest of the clock face.
Once I was happy with my rust and weathered paint layers, I was back to the final stage of tracing the roman numeral four on my clock face. This time around I got rid of all the distractions- HGTV’s Fixer Upper playing in the background, no chocolate sitting nearby and no phone beeping and blurping at me- and finally got it right.
So, here is round two of the final reveal of my